Error when downloading file in Firefox Browser
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

03-24-2020 08:08 PM

Posted by:
JohnnyMack

Hello,
I'm having an issue with the software. Every time I try to use the contextual menu in Firefox to download a file I get the error "Igetter messaging host is missing"

How can I fix this issue?

03-25-2020 06:39 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Please, follow the instructions here: /faq.html#q2-24

03-25-2020 09:30 PM

Posted by:
JohnnyMack

I did and tried it again and get the same error. It says "Igettermessaginghost is missing. Please relaunch Igetter to fix the problem"

I even restarted it and nothing!

03-25-2020 09:31 PM

Posted by:
JohnnyMack

I mean reinstalled it but I restarted it too

03-26-2020 01:46 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Please, specify your iGetter and macOS versions. This error is from the Mac version of iGetter.

You need to turn on "Install iGetter Browser Extension" option at iGetter Preferences, Integration panel. Then restart Firefox.

If you're on Mac and still receive the error, then follow the manual installation here: https://igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1658

03-26-2020 08:21 PM

Posted by:
JohnnyMack

I'm using the windows version and I'm on windows 10 Home version 1903.

Igetter version 2.7.5

04-28-2020 06:43 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Firefox v74 and up doesn't support automatic installation of add-ons distributed through third-party apps. This means that iGetter can't install automatically its extension. So, most probably you have installed the Mac extension by mistake. Please, remove the extension from Firefox Add-ons page and install the Windows extension using the xpi link provided here:
https://igetter.net/faq.html#q2-24

The Windows add-on is called "iGetter WebExtension" and the Mac add-on is called "iGetter Extension".

If the following message appears: "iGetterMessagingHost is missing. Please relaunch iGetter to fix the problem.", then you're still using the Mac version of the iGetter extension.

The Windows extension shows a different message when iGetter app is missing: "Browser can't communicate with iGetter, so integration was temporarily disabled."

05-14-2020 10:18 PM

Posted by:
JohnnyMack

Thank you! That actually worked!

Is there a way you guys can get it in the firefox extensions site?

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply